Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Last Week in Haiti

Last week was my last week in Haiti.  At the beginning of the week it was hard to see the American group go that I had met the previous week.   But I knew that it had been a great week and that I had gotten to know some really awesome people throughout the week from Georgia, Colorado and even the group from Nebraska.

Throughout my last week I was able to work with Benito, a worker at Tetkole, on updating and creating new bios for some of the kids of Tetkole.  These bios are used for the Haitian Timoun Foundation so that people from different congregations can sponsor these kids.  Through these sponsorships Tetkole is able to help send these kids to school, who would otherwise not have the opportunity to go to school. 

I’m excited to be home with my friends and family who I haven’t seen in over 9 weeks.  I’m also sad to leave the people who had become my family throughout the summer.  I know that I’ll still be able to hopefully keep in contact with all of them.  This isn’t a goodbye but a see you later.

Alex Henning

No comments:

Post a Comment