Saturday, July 6, 2013

Final Full Day in Haiti: Cameron McDaniel

Cameron McDaniel (left, blue shirt-red water bottle)
with Julie Hestermann (right, green shirt with backpack)
clap as camp participants receive their personal health kits.

It's our last night in Haiti. As I think about the last week and the time that we have spent here one word continues to resonate, possibilities. Today I visited Wings of Hope, a home for children with mental or physical disabilities. Their slogan is "possibilities not disabilities" as I spent time with the kids at Wings my heart was full.  Their unbridled joy and excitement over the simple songs that we sang together filled me with joy. I found myself finally letting go of any fears or uncertainties that I may have been holding onto. I was lost in the chorus of Jesus Loves Me being belted out by kids that were living with the love of Christ. They plead with us to sing one more song and each one was a song about God that they all knew by heart.
Possibilities, what I have seen God do here this week reminds me that all things truly are possible. 
~Cameron McDaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment