Sunday, July 7, 2013

Final post from Haiti: Bittersweet

Last night we had our final worship service as a group along with reading letters from our leaders, family and friends. We had to say goodbyes to the people with whom we have developed relationships over the past nine days. It truly was a bittersweet moment. Personally, I am not ready to leave this country. I feel content with the work I have accomplished, but know there is still so much to be done, which makes me anxious to return. Haiti feels like my home away from home and leaving the people I love is extremely difficult. I feel at peace with how the last week has gone, knowing Haitian Timoun Foundation and Sheridan Lutheran Church has done God's work and had a memorable experience this week.

This morning we had our last meal before departing for the airport. Everyone is feeling fairly at ease knowing Haiti will always be here and will forever be a part of our hearts.

We hope and pray for safe travels this afternoon back to the states and our anxious to reunite with our Sheridan family.

"But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be clear that this extraordinary power comes from God and does not come from us"
2 Corinthians 4:7

Peace,
Raeann Bronder

No comments:

Post a Comment