Monday, May 13, 2013

Heading on a Haiti Mission

Written Sunday, May 12.
As I write this, I’m in the Dallas airport looking forward to getting into Haiti early Monday morning.  I'm truly grateful for all the support that I was given today throughout the church services this weekend.  I have a lot of down time in the airports and it is giving me time to think and mentally ready myself for this journey.  
Before entering Haiti I’m excited and nervous at the same time for the challenges that I will have to face and the stories I will learn. This is the first time I’ve had the opportunity to travel alone, let alone leaving the country on a solo expedition.  I’m most nervous about the moment I step out of the airport in Haiti and have to look for Verbo, our HTF Haitian partner, because of the activity and busyness of the airport. I’m also really excited to have the opportunity to fully immerse myself into the Haitian culture and language.  I’m not sure how I’ll learn a completely new language, but right now my Spanish classes seem a lot easier. At this point I feel ready for the unknown.  Whatever happens will happen and I know that God will be with me and I’ll have the support of my family and of the people of Sheridan.  Thanks for your prayers and support. 
Alex

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was so uplifting to commission Alex for service from Sheridan. We give God thanks for your work, Alex!

    ReplyDelete